White Mountains Online



Circa 1890

GuardhouseHistory: The first guardhouse on the post was built of logs in 1870, immediately south of the present ruins of the barracks. In 1876, the original guardhouse was replaced by one of stone on the same site, which still stands today. A new guardhouse had been erected further east by 1890 to allow for construction of the barracks. It is to this 1890 guardhouse that the above Building Condition/Summary section refers.

#115 Barracks (ruins)
Back to Walking Tour Page